Mobile marketing has steadily been growing within the last few years and it is expected to double every year for the following 5 years, as more and more people get smartphones or other wireless cellular devices. Marketing experts predict Mobile Marketing will grow into an $20 billion industry.
If you are still at nighttime Ages, and wondering what Mobile Marketing is; it is a method to build relationships those customers who only use wireless devices like smartphones, iPads and tablets to make use of the web. The key word here's "engage" - building relationships with your customers.
Mobile Marketing is also a preferred way of marketing to your customers as they have to give permission to do this. Including clicking on a link to opt in, or downloading an app. Your customer can purchase your offer immediately and even pay it off from his mobile phone, giving instant gratification.
Another reason why mobile marketing is preferred, is the demographics: your mobile user's age bracket is from 18 to 49 who will often have a degree along with a higher paying occupation in order to be able to pay the device.
Other advantages of mobile marketing:
1. It is less expensive than other forms of advertising, just a normal text fee.
2. You can reach out to people anywhere - you are not restricted to your physical area, but to wherever the mobile phone is you are attempting to reach.
3. The response rates are greater than having a flyer or classified advertising.
4. The mobile device is a personal item belonging to just one person. You can therefore target your marketing more specifically that individual or perhaps a group like him.
5. The mobile phone has joined the wallet and keys as something you always take with you. This means that you can reach your customer anywhere at any time and that they will read your message almost instantly and act on it.
6. It is easy to pay from a mobile phone as payment processors are built into them.
7. You are able to track the instalments to the mobile number which means that you can create a profile of your customer and his buying preferences.
8. You can accurately appraise the rate of success of your advertising due to having the ability to track sales.
9. The mobile is extremely interactive as the customer can text back with questions should he have.
10. Wow factor - as mobile marketing is fairly new, most customers haven't experienced it yet. This makes both you and your messages stand out.
11. Your customer can easily share his messages with other people, which gives your advertisements the potential to visit viral.
You owe it for your business to check out mobile marketing like a new tool to promote directly to your target market.